Bing Webmaster Tools & Features
This section in Bing Webmaster Help and How to corresponds to the new and refreshed Bing Webmaster Tools portal.
Once you have created Bing Webmaster Tools account, you can Add and Verify Sites manually or by importing your already verified sites from Google Search Console to enjoy full benefits of the Bing webmaster tools portal features.
The help documentations contains separate pages for separate features and these features are similar to the features in the current Bing Webmaster Tools. The new portal contains the following reports-
- Home – Summary of all the reports and tools available for webmasters. Please note that the reports can only be served after 48hours of collecting and processing necessary data.
- Search Performance – The Search Performance report allows the users to monitor the traffic coming to their sites from Bing search. It displays the clicks and impression details per page and also per keyword. It also displays the trend of the these stats for the last 6 months. The current Page Traffic and Search Keyword reports are now integrated into this one report.
- URL Inspection – URL inspection allows to inspect Bing indexed version of a specific URL or the version of your web sites allowing to investigate potential indexing issues with crawl, with processing content, with respect of Bing Webmaster guidelines, and with SEO and schema issues.
- Site Explorer – The Site Explorer tool provides a unique view to webmasters to navigate through the site structure, Identify and discover insights and issues with URLs such as redirects, crawl issues, disallowed by robots.txt etc.
- Sitemaps – The Sitemaps report shows details about all the sitemaps known to Bing for a site and the crawl and the processing stats of the same. It also allows to submit new sitemaps and also resubmit the already known sitemaps in a single click. This report is very similar to the current Sitemaps report.
- URL Submission – The URL Submission feature allows webmasters to submit URLs for potential immediate crawl and indexation. It also displays the history of urls webmaster submitted recently.
- Backlinks – The current Inbound Links report is now integrated with the Disavow links tool into the new Backlinks report which allows the users to manage and monitor their site’s backlinks profile. The report displays the backlinks to a site pivoted based on the referring domains and anchor texts and also allows the users to disavow or re-avow set of links in a single click.
- Keyword Research – The Keyword research allows you to check the phrases and keywords that searchers are querying for and their corresponding search volumes.
- SEO Reports – The SEO Reports feature shows some of the most common page-level recommendations to improve your site’s ranking. These recommendations are based on a set of approximately 15 SEO Best Practices to help you get started. SEO best practices are a set of tasks designed to help improve a website’s search engine rankings.
- Site Scan – Site Scan feature is an on-demand site audit tool which crawls your site and checks for common technical SEO issues. Fixing these issues will make your website search engine and user friendly.
- Crawl Control – The Crawl Control feature allows you to exert control over the speed at which Bingbot makes requests for pages and resources on your website.
- Block URLs – The Block URLs feature allows you to temporarily block page and directory URLs as well as cached pages from showing up in the Bing Search result. This is useful as it buys you time to make the necessary changes to metadata of a page or to take a page down.
- Robots.txt tester – Robots.txt Tester helps Webmasters to analyze their robots.txt file and highlight the issues that would prevent them from getting optimally crawled by Bing and other robots.
- Verify Bingbot – Verify Bingbot allows you to check whether or not an IP address belongs to Bingbot.
- User management – User management allows you to add other users to your website in Webmaster Tools with different levels of permissions.
- Microsoft Clarity Tool – Microsoft Clarity is a free-to-use analytics product built to help website managers improve their website experiences by better understanding site visitor’s behaviour.
You can navigate between the features using the navigation menu of the left hand side and the site that you want to see the details for from the dropdown list on top of the feature navigation buttons.