On Facebook, pages and profiles that impersonate public figures or other people go against the facebook Community Standards and aren’t allowed on Facebook.When interacting with public figures, you should look for a blue badge
on their Page or profile. The blue badge means Facebook verified that this is an authentic Page or profile.How to find the blue badgeTo make sure a public figure is verified:
- Open Facebook on your computer.
- At the top, search for the Page or profile and click .
- Tap the public figure’s Page or profile.
- Look for the icon next to their name.
While many public figures work with Facebook to verify their Page or profile, keep in mind that not all public figures have blue badges.How to spot impersonating accounts be careful if a public figure does something like:
- Ask you for payment in the form of gift cards, money transfer or through Messenger.
- Ask for your financial information as part of a giveaway, or direct you to a suspicious link or website asking for your personal information.
- Use a suspicious Page or profile URL that doesn’t seem associated with the public figure.