Did you delete Instagram direct messages accidentally or unintentionally? Concerned about how to retrieve them as you don’t know what to do and how to get those deleted direct messages from Instagram?
Here in this blog, I will discuss how to recover deleted Instagram direct messages? And at the same time will also focus on what are the reasons for deletion.
Instagram is a social photo and video sharing platform. A lot of people are using it for different purposes. From stories to IGTV, there is too much going on Instagram.
It is such a platform to find any kind of account to follow according to your interests. It is not only that; there is contact on Instagram as well.
You can send messages to people by replying to their stories or just addressing them. But what if your messages were deleted? In this article, we are going to explain how to recover deleted Instagram messages.
Instagram is not a chatting platform, but sometimes we can find a topic to write a lot about. Usually, this comes out when you are replying to someone’s story.
You might delete messages by mistake or for other reasons, but when you want to recover deleted Instagram messages, it is possible, and there are three ways to do it.
Recovering Messages from The Other Side
When you delete messages on Instagram, you only delete them from your account. So your messages are still in the Direct Messages of the other person if he or she did not delete them as well.
• Recover Instagram Messages from User Whom You’ve Sent free
One of the easiest ways to recover your messages is to ask the recipient to hand them over to you. It is one of the fastest ways for Instagram message recovery.
When you delete Direct Messages on Instagram, you have only deleted the chat or messages from your own side and they are still available on other user’s Instagram to whom you have sent them.
So the easiest way to recover deleted Instagram DMs is to ask that person to send you the chats or messages if they were not deleted from their account.
• Recover Instagram DMs with Connected Facebook Account [free]
If the Instagram messages have been wiped away from that person whom you have sent, the above method will not work for you.
In case you have connected your Facebook and Instagram accounts with each other, you can access and go through your Facebook’s Inbox to check out and manage your Instagram messages easily. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Facebook webpage on any browser and sign in with your Facebook account that is linked with your Instagram account. Then check the Facebook Inbox.
- On the left menu bar, tap on the Instagram Direct icon and you will find your Instagram Direct messages here
• Recover Instagram Chats through Instagram Data
Instagram has a feature to enable users to download Instagram data, including photos, comments, profile information, and more.
Please note that it only works one request from your account at a time and it may take up to 48 hours to collect this data and send it to you.
- Step 1Go to Instagram.com and log in to your account with the correct password.
- Step 2Click the profile icon on the upper-right corner.
- Click the Settings icon and then Privacy and Security on the pop-up window.
- Scroll down to find Data Download and click the Request Download button.
- Enter the email address you want to receive the link to a file with your Instagram data, and then click Next.
Steps for Instagram Message Recovery
- Go to the Instagram Message Recovery site.
- Enter your Username or Profile URL.
- Click RECOVER MESSAGES.
- Complete human verification. The ZIP file included the direct messages will be downloaded.
Well, we hope whatever ways discussed in this blog will surely help you recover deleted Instagram direct messages on Android.