The Oppo A76 4G has finally gone official in the lower mid-range smartphone market in Malaysia.
Starting with design, the Oppo A76 4G comes in a polycarbonate unibody with a matte back design that Oppo claims to have “enduring” qualities such as its fingerprint-resistant matte coating and IP54 water and dust resistance rating. Its dimensions are 164.4mm x 75.7mm x 8.39mm, weighing in at a hefty 189g.
The fingerprint scanner is built into the power button located right side of the phone, whereas the volume buttons and SIM Card Slot are located to the left of the device.
From the front, the Oppo A76 boasts an 89.9% screen-to-body ratio, and a 90Hz HD+ 6.56” IPS LCD Display with 96% NTSC coverage of the colour gamut. Oppo says that the display is able to provide the user with a colour-rich smooth and silky viewing experience for all sorts of content. The display also features a punch-hole cutout on the top left corner which also houses the 8MP front camera for selfies.
Under the hood, the Oppo A76 4G is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 680 4G chipset, which is also the same processor found on the Realme 9i. The chipset is manufactured under TSMC’s 6nm node which is known for its power efficiency. Keeping the lights on is a 5000mAh battery paired with 33W Oppo SuperVOOC charging. Oppo claims that this phone can be able to charge from 0% to 50% within 26 mins with their newer refined charging technology.
The Oppo A76 cameras are quite average in the segment, as it features a dual-camera setup with a 13MP main cam and 2MP monochrome sensor.
It runs on ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11, and is presented with 6GB of physical RAM, 5GB of virtual RAM and 128GB of internal storage for users to enjoy.
Oppo A76 4G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2022, February 17
- Status: Available. Released 2022, February 18
- Dimensions: 164.4 x 75.7 x 8.4 mm (6.47 x 2.98 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 189 g (6.67 oz)
- Colors: Glowing Black, Glowing Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 90Hz, 480 nits (typ), 600 nits (HBM)
- Size: 6.56 inches, 103.4 cm2 (~83.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1612 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 680 4G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Kryo 265 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 265 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Dual
- 13 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.12µm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- Radio: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W
Oppo A76 4G Price and Availability
The Oppo A76 will be available for RM899(~215 USD) from 19 February 2022 onwards across all channels in Malaysia. It comes in 2 colors, Glowing Blue and Glowing Black.
The handset will arrive in other key markets like the Philippines, Indonesia and India soon within this quarter.1