The Standard Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 is the lowest-end device in the series and comes with specs similar to the Galaxy.
The device comes with a small 11-inch LTPS TFT display, though it supports a 120Hz refresh rate, much like its elder siblings. It has a screen resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels and a pixel density of 276ppi.
The camera department and processor are similar to the other models. It also comes with a microSD slot for storage expansion, has support for the S-Pen, the latest Wi-Fi 6E, and Bluetooth 5.2 technologies. The Tab S8 gets up to 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage.
There’s also a fingerprint sensor for biometric authentication embedded in the power button, unlike the in-display fingerprint sensors on the Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra and Tab S8+.
The tablet comes with the smallest battery as compared to its elder siblings. It has an 8,000mAh battery, though it still supports 45W fast charging. The device runs the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 out of the box.
All the Galaxy Tab S8 models come with support for up to 8K video playback, up to 4K recording, and Samsung Knox including Samsung Knox Vault.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA), 5G
- Announced: 2022, February 09
- Status: Exp. release 2022, February
- Dimensions: 253.8 x 165.3 x 6.3 mm (9.99 x 6.51 x 0.25 in)
- Weight: 503 g (Wi-Fi), 507 g (5G) (1.11 lb)
- Colors: Graphite, Silver, Pink Gold
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Stylus, 6.2ms latency (Bluetooth integration, accelerometer, gyro)
- Type: TFT, 120Hz
- Size: 11.0 inches, 350.9 cm2 (~83.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1600 x 2560 pixels, 16:10 ratio (~274 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 12, One UI 4.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Dual
- 13 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, AF
- 6 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 12 MP, f/2.4, 120˚ (ultrawide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers (4 speakers)
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- Tuned by AKG
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 3.2, magnetic connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Wireless Samsung DeX
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 8000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 45W, 100% in 80 min
Models: SM-X700, SM-X706, SM-X706B, SM-X706U, SM-X706N (Wi-Fi version: SM-X700, 5G version: SM-X706)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Price and Availability
The new Galaxy Tab S8 starts at $699 and comes in three color options – Graphite, Silver, Pink Gold. The tablet is now up for pre-orders and will be available for purchase starting February 25 in the US, South Korea, and Europe. The slate is expected to be available in Nigeria soon.
Additionally, Samsung will offer a free Book Cover Keyboard Slim accessory to customers who pre-order the Galaxy Tab S8.