The Coca-Cola West Africa Business Unit (WABU) oversees the Coca-Cola System operations in 33 countries across West and Central Africa and the Indian Ocean islands and is focused on driving a high-performance culture to enable sustainable business growth. We are inspired by The Coca-Cola Company purpose: refresh the world, make a difference; and we aspire to advance the Coca-Cola global vision of a total beverage company, crafting the brands and choice of drinks people love, in ways that create a more sustainable business and a better shared future for everyone we touch.
The Coca-Cola West Africa Business Unit Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and supporting the implementation of internal and external communication strategies to inform, engage and inspire our employees and drive our growth culture as well as to grow the reputations of our Company and Brands and build strong affinity for the Coca-Cola System with a wide spectrum of stakeholders at regional and national levels.
The role will provide critical support in managing the fast-evolving public policy and regulatory landscapes in our region. Working within the framework of the Company’s Communications Policy, the Communications Manager will engage constantly with a wide spectrum of internal and external stakeholders including the Business Unit Leadership and associates, Coca-Cola bottling partners, regional and international media, key influencers, government and regulatory bodies and consumers and the general public to effectively understand their expectations and communicate the Coca-Cola growth and impact story.
The incumbent therefore must be familiar with the regional stakeholder and media landscapes be able to provide strategic and credible communication counsel; possess and apply multi-media and stakeholder communication skills; possess the ability to lead and influence a diverse team of communication professionals within the Coca-Cola bottling system as well as manage projects to deliver on time and budget.
Internal Communication: Lead the development and implementation of internal communications strategies across the Business Unit to inform, engage and inspire associates and drive our growth culture.
Sustainability Communications: Lead the development and execution of strategies to optimize impact communication of our sustainability and community programs, in liaison with the BU Sustainability Manager, The Coca-Cola Foundation as well as our bottling and programme partners.
Leadership Communications: Provide advice and implement approved strategies for internal Leadership communication and engagements as well as building external thought leadership and influence on relevant issues.
Issues Management and Crisis Communications: Provide crisis communications expertise to effectively support the BU Incident Management and Crisis Resolution (IMCR) process.
Budget Management: Manage the Function’s DME and OPEX budgets, providing monthly analysis and flag risks and opportunities to the BU PAC Director to guide spend decisions.
RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficiency in French Language
- Strategic Communications
- Strong public speaking and influencing skills
- Creative and Specialized Writing Skills
- Multimedia/graphic design tools
- Project & Budget Management
- Issues & Crisis Management
- Media Relations
- Social/Digital Media
Generic Competencies: Refer to Competency Directory and Provide between 3 – 7 of the highest priority competencies
- Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others’ energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
- Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
At least 7 years’ experience in Communications or Public Relations functions.
Min. University/Bachelor’s degree , Max. University/Advanced degree
Our Growth Culture
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn’t enough. We need genius.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Public Relations
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: click here